Banana Mug Cake
02 Jan 2022
Singapore Heart Foundation
Recipe contributed by Ms Ang Yi Pin, Nutrition Intern at Singapore Heart Foundation
Time: 6 minutes
- Vanana, mashed, 1 (Using ⅓ cup of the mashed banana)
- Unsweetened low fat yoghurt, 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened soya milk, 5 tbsp
- Whole-wheat flour, 45g
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Baking powder, ½ tsp
- In a microwave-safe mug, mix the mashed banana, yoghurt, soya milk and sugar together. Whisk them for 30 seconds to ensure even mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the mixture. Stir for another 20 seconds or till a smooth and even mixture is obtained.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 100 seconds, checking at every 30-seconds interval.
- Remove from the microwave and chill. Serve.
Nutrients per Serving
- Energy: 323.9kcal
- Protein: 7.9g
- Total Fat (Saturated Fat): 2.4g (0.5g)
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- Carbohydrate: 73.4g
- Sodium: 285.7mg
- Dietary Fibre: 12.9g
Source: Singapore Heart Foundation. Reproduced with permission.
ALL views, content, information and/or materials expressed / presented by any third party apart from Council For Third Age, belong strictly to such third party. Any such third party views, content, information and/or materials provided herein are for convenience and/or general information purposes only. Council For Third Age shall not be responsible nor liable for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any such views, content, information and/or materials. Such third party views, content, information and/or materials do not imply and shall not be construed as a representation, warranty, endorsement and/or verification by Council For Third Age in respect of such views, content, information and/or materials.