Interested in volunteering? – Mentally Disadvantaged Outreach Programme
What is the programme about?
RSVP Singapore’s Mentally Disadvantaged Outreach Programme (MDOP) started in 2001 as a partnership programme with the Institute of Mental Health (IMH). Apart from engaging rehabilitating mental health patients, volunteers also visit IMH wards to befriend individuals there. In 2014, our MDOP expanded to partners beyond IMH.
How does the programme benefit the beneficiaries?
Our senior volunteers support rehabilitating mental health patients and help ease them back into society through light physical exercises, puzzle solving and expressive arts.
Some of the partners we work with:
• Alzheimer’s Disease Association, New Horizon Centre
• Anglican Care Centre – Bukit Batok
• Bcare FAME Club 242
• IMH Ward 53B
Join us if you find joy in helping rehabilitating mental health patients ease back into society and form meaning relationships. Below are some of the prerequisites:
• You are patient and caring.
• You have a positive disposition.
• You want to reduce the social stigma towards patients and ex-patients.
• You can commit two to three hours a week on weekdays for a minimum of six months.
For more information on MDOP: https://rsvp.org.sg/mdop/
Sign up here to be a volunteer in our MDOP: https://rsvp.org.sg/sign-up/