Fundamentals of Urban Farming: Session 5 | Swap & Share
Pick up some fundamentals of urban farming and meet other green enthusiasts!
This programme/event is open to members of the National Library Board, Singapore. Please ensure you have your myLibrary username on hand before proceeding with the registration. If you do not have a myLibrary username, you can create one here: https://account.nlb.gov.sg.
About the programme
Always wanted to brighten up your home with plants but unsure how to start?
This programme is the fifth in a 5-part series where you will learn the importance of urban farming as well as some key tips and tricks to build your own garden at home. Join NLB volunteer and avid gardener, Mr Ong Chin Tiong, as he helps you develop your green fingers. During the session, you will also get to exchange gardening materials such as seeds and learn useful gardening tips from one another.
Session 5 is accessible for persons with physical disability and deaf persons. Singapore Sign Language interpretation will be provided.
Participants to register for each session separately.
- Session 1 (4 Aug 2023): The Fun of Home Gardening (Click here to register)
- Session 2 (8 Sep 2023): The Importance of Home Gardening / How to Start Your Home Garden (Click here to register)
- Session 3 (6 Oct 2023): Setting Up Your Home Garden (Click here to register)
- Session 4 (3 Nov 2023): Maintaining Your Home Garden with Necessary Skills (Click here to register)
- Session 5 (1 Dec 2023): The Green Sanctuary (garden viewing and learning to use recyclable materials in your garden) (Click here to register)
About the Speaker
Mr Ong Chin Tiong is an urban farming enthusiast and avid volunteer who has more than 10 years of experience with home gardening. He has conducted gardening talks at Choa Chu Kang Public Library, Tampines Regional Library, and Sengkang Public Library to spread the joy of home gardening with the community.
About the Swap & Share Series
The Swap & Share series promotes refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle as a lifestyle. Featuring green swapping events and knowledge-sharing sessions from sustainable lifestyle pioneers, Swap & Share is all about learning to protect this beloved planet we call home. Come join a growing community of like-minded individuals and make your lifestyle greener through swapping and sharing habits!
NOTE: Registration is only approved if your myLibrary username is verified.
Please note the following:
- All participants are required to register for a ticket. Each ticket admits 1 person only. Please present your ticket when you enter the library and the event venue.
- Arrive 10 mins before the session commences. Seats of late attendees may be given to those in the waitlist.
- NLB reserves the right to deny entry to participants who do not abide by the ground rules.
- Please note that photos and/or videos of this programme and its participants may be taken.
National Library Board
Punggol Regional Library - Programme Room (Level 5)
1 Punggol Drive, #01-12 One Punggol, Singapore 828629