Coping with Grief and Loss | Mind Your Head x TOYL
Time: 07:30 PM – 09:00 PM
Find out how to deal with grief and loss in a healthier manner.
NOTE: Registration is only approved if your myLibrary ID is verified.
This programme/event is open to members of the National Library Board, Singapore. Please ensure you have your myLibrary username on hand before proceeding with the registration. If you do not have a myLibrary username, you can create one here: https://account.nlb.gov.sg/.
About the Programme
Grief and loss are complex and often scary to think about. As we all experience grief and loss differently, there is no one right way to cope with them. Even though the emotions we go through after a loss can be difficult to manage, there are ways to help us better understand and process them.
Join us in this session to learn more about the stages of grief and loss, and the methods that can help us address and cope with them in healthier ways.
About the Speakers
Ms Cannie Yeo is an Assistant Senior Social Worker who has been working with children and families since 2007. She also has experience working with persons with mental health conditions in both residential psychiatric rehabilitation and community settings. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood, a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, and a Graduate Diploma in Social Work.
Ms Ambhigai Priyaa is a caseworker and has experience working with children, teenagers, and older adults. She has worked with teenagers in residential settings and older adults in community settings. She holds a Diploma in Gerontological Management Studies and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
About the Series
The Time Of Your Life (TOYL) programme series features informative talks, creative workshops, book clubs, and learning communities for those aged 50 and above. Seniors can expect to stay relevant with these programmes that cover a wide range of topics such as health, personal finance, technology, and the arts.
Online Programme/Event Administrative Information
- This programme is conducted entirely online. You may access Zoom via the app or using a web browser
- Please ensure that you enter a valid email address as you will receive an email with the link to the online programme/event near the day of the programme/event
- The link of the programme should not be shared with others
- Do ensure you have a strong internet connection. Using your mobile data is not recommended
- The National Library Board, Singapore (NLB) reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify or refuse admission to any registrant without any reason and notice
National Library Board