3D Print Your Own Kitchen Aids | MakeIT x TOYL
Time: 02:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Learn to make a jar opener using 3D printing!
About this event
NOTE: Registration is only approved if your myLibrary ID is verified.
This programme/event is open to members of the National Library Board, Singapore and those who are aged 50 years and above. Please ensure you have your myLibrary username on hand before proceeding with the registration. If you do not have a myLibrary username, you can create one here: https://account.nlb.gov.sg/.
About the Programme
This workshop is for participants aged 50 years and above.
Wouldn’t it be great to make items that are so useful at the kitchen? Find out how this can be possible with 3D printing! At this workshop, learn the basics of 3D Printing and how to make a jar opener. Participants can learn:
• How 3D Printing can be used for hobbies and craft;
• How to search for 3D Designs that have been created by other people using websites such as Thingiverse;
• How to model a simple 3D Design in Tinkercad; and
• How to safely use and operate a Flashforge Dreamer 3D PrinterThis programme is suitable for beginners.
No prior knowledge of 3D printing is needed to participate. Laptops will be provided for the workshop.
About the Series
MakeIT X Time of Your Life (TOYL) aims to discover the maker in all of us and empower seniors to create using digital fabrication technologies. Through the shared experience of making, we aspire to foster a sense of community and open up opportunities to create new relationships, develop new skills and learn from one another.
Please note the following:
- All participants are required to register for a ticket. Each ticket admits 1 person only. Please present your ticket when you enter the library and the event venue.
- Arrive 10 mins before the session commences. Seats of late attendees may be given to those in the waitlist.
- Please take note of the current prevailing safe management measures and keep your mask on at all times.
- NLB reserves the right to deny entry to participants who do not abide by the ground rules.
- Photographs and videos will be taken during the session and images captured may be used for publicity purposes.
National Library Board
Tampines Regional Library (MakeIT, Level 4)
1 Tampines Walk