Seniors' Mobility and Enabling Fund (SMF)
Seniors’ Mobility and Enabling Fund provides holistic and comprehensive support for seniors to remain mobile and to live independently in the community
SMF provides holistic support for seniors to age in place within the community by extending subsidies to Singaporean seniors:
- Requiring mobility and assistive devices for daily independent living and to remain ambulant in the community.
- Receiving government funded home care and care within the community, needing home healthcare items for their care, and
- Attending MOH-funded eldercare, dialysis or day hospice services who require specialised transport
If your elderly needs subsidies for assistive devices, home healthcare items, or transport , you can apply for the following SMF subsidies:
- Assistive Devices: This refers to items that help an elderly person move around, such as walking sticks, wheelchairs and pushchairs. It also includes things that an elderly person may need at home, such as commodes, pressure relief cushions and hospital beds as well as spectacles and hearing aids.
- Transport: For seniors attending any day services at the Ministry of Health-funded Eldercare Centres, Dialysis Centres or Day Hospices can get subsidies for their transport costs.
- Home Healthcare Items: Frail seniors who can stay in nursing homes but choose to stay at home and be supported by home healthcare services in their community can get subsidies for the cost of catheters, milk supplements, thickeners, adult diapers, nasal tubing and wound dressings.