Enhancement for Active Seniors (EASE)
The EASE programme is part of the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), offered from July 2012. It is also offered separately under EASE (Direct Application).
EASE (Direct Application) is offered to HDB flats in all Towns and will benefit those elderly who may wish to get the improvements earlier before HIP, or whose blocks do not qualify for HIP. Improvement items installed in your flat through EASE can make it more elder-friendly, and improve mobility and comfort for elderly residents.
On 1 Aug 2014, the age criterion for EASE (Direct Application) has been lowered to allow more seniors to benefit from the EASE programme. The EASE package has been enhanced to extend the coverage of the improvement items.
- Singapore Citizen (SC) flat owners must have an elderly member in the household who is 65 years old and above; or
- Singapore Citizen (SC) flat owners with at least one member in the household aged between 60 and 64 years who requires assistance for one or more of the Activities of Daily Living (ADL)2
2"Activities of Daily Living (ADL)" is a term used in healthcare to refer to daily self-care activities within an individual's place of residence. These activities include washing/bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, mobility and transferring.
Three types of improvements are offered. You may choose one or all three improvements, which make up the full EASE package:
- Slip-resistant treatment to existing floor tiles of 2 bathrooms/ toilets
- 8 or 10 grab bars for first toilet and within flat and 6 grab bars for second toilet*
- Up to 5 ramps within flat to negotiate level differences in the flat and/or at single-step main entrance*
*where technically feasible
For the latest updates, please visit: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/for-our-seniors/ease