You can cook this super easy one pot claypot chicken rice in less than 15 minutes! If you're thinking of what to cook for lunch or dinner, give this Chinese claypot chicken rice recipe a try.
Claypot Chicken Rice
Ingredients: Serves 3 - 4 pax
- 250g boneless chicken thigh meat (remove skin & cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (or water)
- 1.5 tablespoons of cornflour
- A few dashes of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Fry 10g of dried salted fish until brown and crispy
- 1 tablespoon shallot oil or normal cooking oil (Shallot oil recipe: https://youtu.be/7ZAC099Xw3o)
- 2 tablespoons premium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 80ml or 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups or 300g of jasmine rice (use a rice cup to measure)
- 2 cups or 340ml of water (use a rice cup to measure)
- 60g of Chinese sausage (slice the sausage first then soak in hot water for about 5 mins to remove casing)
- 1 piece of wet salted fish
- A handful of your favourite greens (we used kailan or Chinese broccoli)
Pour the sauce over the rice and add the crispy salted fish on the rice before serving.
Mix well and enjoy.
Source: Spice N' Pans. Reproduced with permission.