Recipe contributed by Minmed Group Pte Ltd, created by Ms Jolyn Wong, Dietitian.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 20 g of dried snow fungus
- 10 g of rock sugar
- 2 tbsp of toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 200 ml of water
- 500 ml of NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk High Calcium Omega, No Sugar Added
- 3 pcs of pandan leaves, knotted
- Soak the fungus in water for at least 30 minutes, and discard the hard base.
- Cut the fungus into small pieces.
- Place water in a medium pot over medium low heat.
- Add drained snow fungus and pandan leaves, cover and cook, bring to a very low simmer.
- After 15 minutes, add the sweet potato and cook until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add in the NutriSoy Fresh Soya Milk High Calcium Omega, No Sugar Added and bring to a boil.
- Taste and add rock sugar according to own preference.
- Serve warm or chilled with toasted walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Source: Singapore Heart Foundation. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.