No. of Servings: 10
Serving size: 250 ml
1. Lotus root, sliced 1 kg
2. Chicken thigh 1 kg
3. Dried octopus, soaked 200 gm
4. Peanut, soaked 200 gm
5. Luo han guo (罗汉果) 1 pc
6. Water 2 litres
7. Salt 10 gm
8. Sugar 20 gm
1. Wash and peel lotus root. Cut into slices.
2. Remove bones from chicken drum sticks and cut chicken into smaller pieces.
3. Rinse the dried octopuses and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes. Cut into pieces.
4. Rinse peanuts and soak them for 20 minutes.
5. Break luo han guo into smaller pieces.
6. In a large soup pot, bring water to a boil and add in all the ingredients as well as the seasonings. Allow this to cook for 1 hour over medium heat.
7. Ensure that the lotus root and chicken are tender enough for the elderly to eat. Cut them into smaller pieces if necessary.
8. Check taste and serve.
FOR SOFT DIET
1. Strain the cooked soup to separate the ingredients.
2. Finely chop the lotus root, chicken meat, peanuts separately on a clean cutting board.
3. Place a desired mould on a serving plate and fill the mould with the finely chopped lotus root. Remove the mould carefully.
4. Top it with the rest of the chopped ingredients and pour the soup around the bowl.
5. Serve immediately.
Source: Singapore Silver Pages, an initiative by the Agency for Integrated Care. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.