4 portions | Preparation time: 20 minutes
3 pcs Egg (medium size)
100 gm Fresh shitake mushrooms (diced)
2 tbsps Light soya sauce
120 gm Minced chicken
¼ tsp White pepper powder
2 stalks 100 gm
Spring onion for garnish (diced) – Optional
Winter bamboo shoot (diced) – Optional
1. Beat eggs until slight bubbles appear.
2. Add minced chicken. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
3. Season egg and minced meat mixture with light soya sauce and white pepper. Add diced mushrooms and bamboo shoots (optional) and mix well.
4. Transfer egg mixture to tray for steaming. Cover tightly with cling wrap and steam on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
• Shitake mushrooms, like most mushrooms, are high in Vitamin B and may be related to weight loss. This is because they blend well with meat dishes and helps to add flavour and volume, making us feel full without adding calories, cholesterol, fat and sodium.
• Tips for buying minced meat: Avoid pork and beef that are mainly white because this shows that the meat contains a lot of fat.
• Diabetes: Pumpkin is one of the recommended foods that can be used to serve in place of white rice. Add diced pumpkin to minced pork mixture for additional nutritional benefits too.
• Dysphagia: Blend meat for a finer texture instead of having it minced. Add 200ml water to egg mixture to get a softer texture.
Source: Singapore Silver Pages, an initiative by the Agency for Integrated Care. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.