No. of Servings: 10
Serving size: 250 ml
1. Water 3 litres
2. Bean sprout 100 gm
3. Shallot 10 gm
4. Garlic 5 gm
5. Ginger 20 gm
6. Turmeric powder 10 gm
7. Cloves 5 pcs
8. Star anise 5 pcs
9. Cumin (Jintan) 10 gm
10. Coriander seed (Ketumbar) 10 gm
11. Nutmeg powder 5 gm
12. Pepper 10 gm
13. Cinnamon stick 2 pcs
14. Salt 15 gm
15. Sugar 10 gm
16. Chicken powder 20 gm
17. Whole chicken, cut into 2 kg quarters
18. Fried shallot (bawang goreng)
19. Coriander leaf, shredded
20. Lime, halved
21. Chilli padi, ground
1. Heat water up in pot, blanch bean sprouts and set aside for later use.
2. Add all ingredients, except chicken, into water to boil for 20 minutes.
3. Add chicken into pot and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Once chicken is cooked, remove it and shred the chicken meat.
5. Portion shredded chicken and bean sprouts into individual bowls before portioning out the soup.
6. Dish is now ready to be served with fried shallots and coriander leaves. Add lime and chilli padi to suit individual taste.
Source: Singapore Silver Pages, an initiative by the Agency for Integrated Care. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.