HOW CAN YOU HELP CHRISTIAN OUTREACH TO THE HANDICAPPED?
Your view about life will not be the same when you interact with people who are intellectually challenged. We often take for granted our simple ability of moving around, engaging in conversation, doing simple chores every day. Apparently moving around, converse with other people and doing simple chores are not that simple for people with intellectual disability. Due to their intellectual limitations, their world seems to be isolated and you can change that situation by befriending them. Your presence will bring cheers for our beneficiaries and their caregivers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
- Befriend them
- Assist their staff in caring for them during their activities at our centres
- Engage their clients with simple games, art and craft, music or drama performance
- Bringing them out or engage them with table task activities such as origami or puzzle
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- Anyone with the passion for people with special needs
- Singaporean or PR who are 50 years and above
TIME OF VOLUNTEER
Monday to Friday 10.30 to 4pm
Duration: You may opt for half day (10.30 to 1pm or 1pm to 4pm) or full day
WHERE TO VOLUNTEER?
1. Emmanuel Activity Centre of COH @Tampines – Blk 414 Tampines Street 41 #01-311, Singapore 520414
2. Emmanuel Activity Centre of COH @Toa Payoh – Blk161 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01 - Blk 161 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-1596, Singapore 310161.
3. Emmanuel Activity Centre of COH @Toa Payoh – Blk 171 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01 – 146, Singapore 310171
Thomas S. Handoyo