“ORCHID EXTRAVAGANZA” (兰花盛事) FLORAL DISPLAY
Like a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis, Singapore has gone through a dramatic metamorphosis to become the vibrant metropolis of today. This year, the “Orchid Extravaganza” floral display tells the story of Singapore using the analogy of a butterfly’s life cycle. Stunning orchids in myriad shapes and colours will fill a landscape depicting the stages of a butterfly’s growth, including a ‘Chrysalis’ structure in the main Flower Field. Visitors can look forward to seeing a diverse collection of orchids including Phalaenopsis, Vanda, Dendrobium, Grammatophyllum and many others. There will also be a sculpture of 52 butterflies – in celebration of Singapore’s 52nd National Day – in the shape of Singapore. This floral display is put together by award-winning garden designer Peter Cheok, who has received numerous accolades for his works including at the Singapore Garden Festival and Ellerslie International Flower Show in New Zealand.
Date: Friday, 14 July – Sunday, 20 August
Time: 9am – 9pm
Location: Flower Dome
Details: Admission charge to the conservatories applies.
NATIONAL DAY TICKETING PROMOTION FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS
Celebrate Singapore’s 52nd National Day at Gardens by the Bay. From 5 to 20 August, Singapore residents enjoy $5 off Local Resident Rates to the cooled conservatories.
For more information, click here.
Date: Saturday, 5 August 2017 – Sunday, 20 August 2017
Terms and conditions:
- This promotion is applicable to the prevailing published Local Resident Rates for Single Conservatory and Double Conservatories, purchased from Gardens by the Bay’s ticketing counters. It is not applicable to tickets purchased online.
- Local residents refer to Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and holders of valid Work Permit, Employment Pass or Dependent Pass.
- Proof of residency is required upon purchase of tickets and admission to the conservatories.
- A maximum of 6 discounted tickets can be purchased per transaction.
- Admission ticket purchased is not refundable or exchangeable for cash, and is only valid on the day of entry.
- No claims will be entertained for lost, torn, defaced or expired tickets.
- This promotion is not valid for OCBC Skyway tickets, Garden Cruiser services, Friends of the Gardens annual memberships, and other offers and promotions.