Fancy making your very own hardbound covered notebook, as stationery or as a gift? Take this chance to pick up useful and traditional bookbinding skills in this single section case-binding workshop for beginners!
In this series of workshops, learn to:
- Decorate a cover board with Japanese Chiyogami papers
- Sew papers together using a firm pamphlet stitch to create a text block
- Encase the text block with your unique cover
Please note the following for all workshops:
- The fee includes journal paper, leather cover and other materials to bind one book and the usage of bookbinding tools during the workshop.
- The workshop will commence on time. Please arrive 10 minutes earlier to browse through our sample books and explore our collection of books related to bookbinding and book arts.
- A selection of bookbinding materials and tools are available. Only cash will be accepted. Bring a little more to purchase useful materials and tools for your own practice.
About The Thistle Bindery & Co.
The Thistle Bindery & Co. was established in 2016 as the first physical store for art practice, The Thistle Bindery. It brings together bookbinders, conservators and crafters who dabble in and enjoy sharing their passion for all things book-related.